Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Conversation with Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

Neo : Ravishankarji, I have this doubt. Are you secular?
Ravishankar: Yes I am secular.I treat all religions equally.
Neo: But,why did you take up promotion of Hinduism?
Ravishankar: I do promote hinduism but that does not mean i am not secular.Secular only means understanding that other ideologies can exist which are perceived as better by others.
Neo: Does secular have anything to do with scientific thinking?
Ravishankar: No
Neo: Let us take for example some people say Ram-Setu was built by Ram.And some others say it was made by natural causes. Would you support the scientific angle or the religious angle?
Ravishankar: I would say I do not know.
Neo: How about reincarnation? Are you sure about it or you think it is more probable a theory through your meditation experiments?
Ravishankar: Yes for me it is more probable and therefore I propagate it.
Neo: Probability against blind beliefs is your point.Is that right?Would you propagate it as The truth or a more probable theory?
Ravishankar: I must go now.nice talking to you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I want not agree on it. I assume nice post. Especially the title attracted me to review the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.